Spend 4 nights conducting marine research from your jungle bungalow in the remote retreat of Maria la Gorda and 4 nights in vibrant Havana.
Drive through lush patches of tobacco plants past Jurassic outcroppings. You’re on the way through Pinar del Rio on your way to pristine ecology in Maria la Gorda where international photographers and marine biologists unite. A deep blue abyss descends below a vertical wall of coral, with protruding sponges, timid lobsters and schools of juvenile parrot fish are streaming by.
You’re not in Cozumel. You’re not in the Caymans. You’re not in the Red Sea. You’re in Maria la Gorda, Cuba!
You're making history as your research observations and discoveries contribute to the next published guide book.
ONLY 5 SPOTS LEFT!
$3199* Diver ($1000 deposit on signup - balance due July 1st, 2018)
$2615* Non-Diver ($1000 deposit on signup - balance due July 1st, 2018)
$500.00 Single Occupancy Upgrade
Based on double occupancy
This trip is NON-REFUNDABLE for ANY REASON. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance as well as dive insurance.
TRAVEL DATES NOVEMBER 4-12, 2018
What this trip includes:
- Ground Transfers from Jose Marti Airport to Maria La Gorda Jungle Bungalows
- Four nights at Maria La Gorda (Sunday - Thursday)
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included at MLG
- 8 Dives (Extra dives can be added)
- Thursday - Ground transfer from MLG to Havana
- Thursday - Group dinner provided in Havana
- Thursday - Monday Four night stay at 1920's Architectural Havana Mansions B&B
- Breakfast included
- Friday - Guided cultural walking tour of old Havana - Group dinner included - evening entertainment at La Fabrica Del Arte Exhibit
- Saturday - 1 hour 1950's Classic Antigue Car Experience
- Saturday - Historic Cigar Factory Tour - Fusterland Art Museum (Picasso of the Caribbean Tour & Lunch)
- Saturday - Farewell group dinner (Includes lobster dinner & 1 alcoholic drink)
- Traditional cabaret show at the iconic Hotel Nacional (1 alcoholic drink)
- Sunday - Hemmingway Home tour
- Monday - Departure
What you'll need to purchase:
- RT airfare from DFW to Jose Marti Airport Havana
- Dive Tip & Other Gratuities
- Some meals and drinks
- Dive Insurance
- Trip Insurance